A Healthier You in 2018

Exclusive: On 11 Jan 2018, a health workshop was conducted at NTUC Centre @ One Marina Boulevard for the U Future Leaders Exchange (UFLX) subscribers and the general public.

Interactive Health Game

To kickstart 2018, a new health track was introduced to the original four tracks to broaden learning. On behalf of UFLX, Jimmy from Jebhealth started the workshop with a 30-min health survey game in the form of an interactive live poll with the attendees.

Live health survey game by Jimmy from Jebhealth
Live health survey game by Jimmy from Jebhealth

For the benefit of those not present, below were some interesting “findings” from the live poll.

Question: How are you feeling recently?

62% responded that they feel a good dose of stress, while the remaining 38% responded that they feel a bad dose of stress.

Question: Did you visit a dentist in 2017?

56% responded yes while the remaining 44% responded no.

Question: What was your last health check/screening? 

41% responded that it was before 2017 while the remaining 59% responded that they had one from 2017 till present (11 Jan 2018).

Question: How familiar are you with Obstructive Sleep Apnoea? 

35% responded that they were familiar while the remaining 65% responded that they have no idea at all.

Setting Health Goals

After the health survey game, the attendees were encouraged to set their personal health goals for 2018.

My Health Goals 2018 Postcard by Jebhealth
My Health Goals 2018 Postcard by Jebhealth

Download the e-Postcard here.

Health Talk by Dr Gan Eng Cern

Dr Gan Eng Cern Giving A Talk On Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
Dr Gan Eng Cern Giving A Talk On Obstructive Sleep Apnoea

Dr Gan Eng Cern, an Ear Nose Throat (ENT) surgeon with Pacific Healthcare Holdings, continued the next segment of the talk titled “Why Snoring Is More Than Just An Annoying Sound?”.


Through the use of videos, audios and visuals, Dr Gan explained the symptoms, diagnosis, treatments and risks involved in the treatment (or without) pertaining to obstructive sleep apnoea. The attendees were highly engaged and prompted many questions during the Questions & Answers session.

Positive Feedback

33 attendees participated in our post-event survey. They rated the event well, are satisfied, and are very likely to share about the speaker (and the event) to a friend, family member or colleague.

Post Event Survey Results From Attendees With 33 Respondents | 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest
Post Event Survey Results From Attendees With 33 Respondents | 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest

Note: Not all attendees participated in the post-event survey.

_____

About Dr Gan Eng Cern 

Dr Gan is well-versed in the management of a wide range of ENT conditions and has a passion for the treatment of conditions of the nose & sinuses as well as snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA). He completed his ENT Specialty training in Singapore and his Subspecialty training in Nose & Sinuses (Rhinology & Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery) at the world-renowned St Paul’s Sinus Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.

He is a Senior Clinical Lecturer at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore and has published in numerous peer-reviewed top ENT Journals. Dr Gan has also been an invited speaker and instructor to many local, regional and international conferences.

Learn more about Dr Gan here and if you require a consultation, you can book an appointment here.